California Residency Tax Planning for Expats

California has special rules for changing residency to another country with a bias against expatriates. It assumes California residents who move overseas are leaving for temporary purposes, and hence still subject to California income taxes. Manes Law has 25 years of experience assisting expatriates with fixed-fee departure plans that survive scrutiny under California’s harsh residency rules.This includes options for moving out of state first, negotiating overseas employment contracts that meet safe harbor rules, and arranging remaining California contacts to overcome FTB bias against expatriate residency changes. Visit our website for more information: